"In the first quarter of 2021, net sales declined 22 percent due to lower license sales. Recurring support revenue rose 7 percent and accounts for 38 percent (28) of net sales. Operating profit totaled SEK 12 M (52) and cash flow was SEK 33 M (-4)", says Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch.
FIRST QUARTER (JANUARY-MARCH 2021)
- Order intake SEK 145.1 M (300.0)
- Net sales SEK 162.1 M (208.9)
- Operating profit SEK 12.3 M (51.6)
- Profit after tax SEK 7.1 M (40.5)
- Earnings per share before/after dilution SEK 0.21 (1.18)
- Cash flow SEK 32.8 M (-4.2)
- Order backlog SEK 1,207.1 M (1,281.5) at the end of the period
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FIRST QUARTER
- The RayStation®* treatment planning system was sold to more leading cancer centers, including Legacy Cancer Institute in the US, the University Hospital in Krakow, Poland, Osaka City University Hospital and Kumamoto University Hospital in Japan. In addition, Inova Schar Cancer Institute in the US and Radiumhospitalet at Oslo University Hospital in Norway expanded their existing RayStation installations.
- In March, the Parent Company issued a short-term loan of SEK 200,000 to Vinstandelsstiftelsen RayFoundation on commercial terms.
- A wholly owned subsidiary has been established in Australia.
UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19
- The COVID-19 pandemic with temporary reprioritisations in healthcare had a negative impact on sales in the first quarter. The market situation is gradually improving in line with the vaccine rollout and the recovery is expected to continue. At the same time, coronavirus cases are rising in some regions and it is unclear how long it will take before the vaccination program has an effect. RaySearch therefore expects that the negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the company's sales and earnings will continue for some months to come, mainly because orders may be delayed, but that the pandemic's effects on sales and earnings are expected to gradually diminish in 2021.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE REPORTING PERIOD
- In March 2021, RaySearch breached an EBITDA-based covenant in the company's credit facility agreement with Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (publ) (SEB) with a credit limit of SEK 350 M, of which SEK 50 M was utilized. In April, SEB subsequently demanded repayment of the utilized SEK 50 M. However, the credit facility will be available for drawing as soon as the company once again meets all covenants contained in the agreement.
- A sales agent agreement has been signed with Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc., enabling RaySearch's salesforce in North America to promote Canon Medical's Aquilion Lare Bore CT and Celesteion PET/CT products.
TELECONFERENCE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE INTERIM REPORT
CEO Johan Löf and CFO Peter Thysell will present RaySearch's interim report for January-March 2021 at a teleconference to be held in English on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 4:00-4:30 p.m. CEST.
For login details to the teleconference (ID: 5061876), please register on:
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, President and CEO Tel: +46 8 510 530 00 E-mail: email@example.com
Peter Thysell, CFO Tel: +46 70 661 05 59 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The information contained in this interim report is such that RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) is obliged to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication on May 5, 2021 at 7:45 a.m. CEST.
RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) is a medical technology company that develops innovative software solutions for improved cancer treatment. The company markets worldwide its treatment planning system RayStation and next-generation oncology information system RayCare*. In December 2020, the company also launched a new treatment control system, RayCommand*, as well as the data anlytics system, RayIntelligence*. RaySearch's software is currently used by more than 2,600 cancer centers in more than 65 countries. The company was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm and the share has been listed for trading on Nasdaq Stockholm since 2003.
More information about RaySearch is available at www.raysearchlabs.com.
* Marketing clearance is required in some markets.
(c) 2021 Cision. All rights reserved., source Press Releases - English