First Quarter 2023
This presentation may contain various statements about Renasant Corporation ("Renasant," "we," "our," or "us") that constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements preceded by, followed by or that otherwise include the words "believes," "expects," "projects," "anticipates," "intends," "estimates," "plans," "potential," "focus," "possible," "may increase," "may fluctuate," "will likely result," and similar expressions, or future or conditional verbs such as "will," "should," "would" and "could," are generally forward-looking in nature and not historical facts. Forward-looking statements include information about our future financial performance, business strategy, projected plans and objectives and are based on the current beliefs and expectations of management. We believe these forward-looking statements are reasonable, but they are all inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. In addition, these forward-looking statements are subject to assumptions about future business strategies and decisions that are subject to change. Actual results may differ from those indicated or implied in the forward-looking statements; such differences may be material. Prospective investors are cautioned that any forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks and uncertainties. Investors should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made.
Important factors currently known to management that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include the following: (i) Renasant's ability to efficiently integrate acquisitions into its operations, retain the customers of these businesses, grow the acquired operations and realize the cost savings expected from an acquisition to the extent and in the timeframe anticipated by management; (ii) the effect of economic conditions and interest rates on a national, regional or international basis; (iii) timing and success of the implementation of changes in operations to achieve enhanced earnings or effect cost savings; (iv) competitive pressures in the consumer finance, commercial finance, insurance, financial services, asset management, retail banking, factoring and mortgage lending industries; (v) the financial resources of, and products available from, competitors; (vi) changes in laws and regulations as well as changes in accounting standards; (vii) changes in policy by regulatory agencies; (viii) changes in the securities and foreign exchange markets; (ix) Renasant's potential growth, including its entrance or expansion into new markets, and the need for sufficient capital to support that growth; (x) changes in the quality or composition of our loan or investment portfolios, including adverse developments in borrower industries or in the repayment ability of individual borrowers or issuers of investment securities, or the impact of interest rates on the value of our investment securities portfolio; (xi) an insufficient allowance for credit losses as a result of inaccurate assumptions; (xii) changes in the sources and costs of the capital we use to make loans and otherwise fund our operations, due to deposit outflows, changes in the mix of deposits and the cost and availability of borrowings; (xiii) general economic, market or business conditions, including the impact and cost of inflation; (xiv) changes in demand for loan products and financial services; (xv) concentration of credit exposure;
- changes or the lack of changes in interest rates, yield curves and interest rate spread relationships; (xvii) increased cybersecurity risk, including potential network breaches, business disruptions or financial losses; (xviii) civil unrest, natural disasters, epidemics (including the re-emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic) and other catastrophic events in our geographic area; (xix) the impact, extent and timing of technological changes; and (xx) other circumstances, many of which are beyond management's control.
Management believes that the assumptions underlying our forward-looking statements are reasonable, but any of the assumptions could prove to be inaccurate. Investors are urged to carefully consider the risks described in Renasant's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") from time to time, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, which are available at www.renasant.com and the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. We undertake no obligation, and specifically disclaim any obligation, to update or revise our forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information or to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes to future operating results over time, except as required by federal securities laws.
YTD Total Revenue(1) 4% 6% 2%
Loans and Deposits by State
TN MS 16% 19%
Other FL 1% 7%
Note: Financial data as of March 31, 2023
(1) Total revenue is calculated as net interest income plus noninterest income.
*Republic Business Credit operates on a nationwide basis. Locations in California, Illinois and Texas are not shown.
First Quarter Highlights
- Net income of $46.1 million with diluted EPS of $0.82
- Net interest margin decreased 12 basis points to 3.66%; excess liquidity carried on balance sheet in March negatively impacted net interest margin by 2 basis points
- Loans increased $188.1 million, or 6.6% annualized
- Deposits increased $425.1 million, driven by an increase in brokered deposits of $623.4 million
- Cost of deposits increased 47 basis points on a linked quarter basis to 0.99%, and noninterest-bearing deposits now represent 30.5% of total deposits
- The ratio of allowance for credit losses on loans to total loans remained at 1.66%
- Credit metrics remained generally stable with the ratio of nonperforming loans to total loans at 0.64%
Renasant Corporation published this content on 08 May 2023 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by, unedited and unaltered, on 08 May 2023 16:13:07 UTC.