Société Générale is one of the largest French banking groups. Net interest income breaks down by activity as follows:
- retail banking in France (31.2%; Société Générale and Crédit du Nord): owns near 2,740 branches at the end of 2019). The group also provides online banking and online brokerage services (Boursorama Banque) as well as an economic and financial information Website (boursorama.com);
- financing and investment banking (31.2%; No. 3 in Europe): specialized financing (for acquisitions, projects, etc.), activity on the stock, interest rate, currency exchange, and raw material markets, brokerage operations, merger-acquisition consulting, commercial banking activities, etc.;
- retail banking abroad (22.5%): 3,191 branches;
- provision of specialized financial services (11.2%): consumer loan, leasing, management of car fleets, computer equipment rentals and life insurance;
- asset management and private banking (3.9%): EUR 268 billion in managed assets. Société Générale also offers securities services.
At the end of 2019, Société Générale managed EUR 418.6 billion in current deposits and EUR 450.2 billion in current credits.
Net interest income breaks down geographically as follows: France (48.2%), Europe (33.5%), Africa (6.6%), Americas (6%), Asia and Oceania (5.7%).