thyssenKrupp AG is an industrial group organized around 6 areas of activity:
- industrial materials distribution (32.4% of sales): metals, alloys, minerals, coals and coke, plastic materials, etc. The group also offers material processing, production processes management, logistics and supply chain management services, etc.;
- manufacturing, installation and maintenance of elevators (18.9%): mainly elevators, escalators and airlifts;
- production of flat carbon steel (18.5%);
- manufacturing and sale of automotive and industrial components (16.3%);
- construction of industrial facilities (9.5%): construction of chemical plants, cement plants and mineral production units. In addition, the group develops mining equipment manufacturing, naval construction and industrial automation systems manufacturing activities;
- other (4.4%).
Net sales break down geographically as follows: Germany (28%), the United States (16.8%), China (7.2%) and other (48%).