* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.08 percent to 20,158.14
* Leading the index were Vermilion Energy Inc , up 9.6%, George Weston Ltd, up 6.4%, and Sunopta Inc, higher by 5%.
* Lagging shares were Lightspeed Commerce Inc, down 11.7%, Labrador Iron Ore Royalty Corp, down 7.6%, and OceanaGold Corp, lower by 6.4%.
* On the TSX 107 issues rose and 123 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and 13 new lows, with total volume of 214.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bank Of Nova Scotia, Bombardier Inc and Toronto-dominion Bank.
* The TSX's energy group rose 1.46 points, or 1.0%, while the financials sector climbed 0.29 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.7%, or $0.53, to $74.76 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.75%, or $0.59, to $78.5 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.6% for the year.
This summary was machine generated September 29 at 21:08.