Technological developments, especially in batteries, have helped to awaken a cycling market that had been quiet for several years. The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated a fundamental move towards eco-friendly mobility and a healthier lifestyle.
Several of the major players in the sector are listed on the stock exchange. The list includes companies exposed to the cycle theme. Some are well-known, others are only known through their sub-brands. We have, as much as possible, excluded companies that have only a small part of their activity in cycling. This is the case with tire companies like Michelin, Continental, Pirelli, Bridgestone and others. The list includes a lot of Asian companies. You will find below a brief presentation of each group:
- Shimano: No need to present the Japanese group, whose modules have been omnipresent on bikes for a long time. Rear derailleurs, brakes, wheels... Shimano is everywhere, even in electric motors.
- Yamaha Motor: Known for its motorcycles, the Japanese is also one of the two main global suppliers of electric bike in the world.
- Giant Manufacturing: The Taiwanese is the world's leading bicycle manufacturer. The group started as a third-party manufacturer before launching its range in 1981.
- Fox Factory: The company operates in motor sports, but it is hard to miss its well-known bicycles.
- Merida: The other Taiwanese cycling star is Giantĺs global runner-up. It owns a little less than half of the capital of the American brand called Specialized.
- Vista Outdoor: The Minnesota-based company owns dozens of brands, some of which are very well known in the world of cycling: Giro and Bell helmets, Blackburn, Copilot or Raskullz accessories. It also specializes in hunting, but that's another story.
- Accell: Back in Europe with the Dutch company, better known through its brands Lapierre, Haibike, Koga, Raleigh or Ghost (to name but a few), or its XLC accessories.
- Dorel: the Canadian group is active in three domains, juvenile products, furniture and bicycles. The latter includes brands such as Cannondale, GT, Fabric and Guru.
Please note that this is a broad list and not a selection of stocks: it's up to you to apply your criteria to find the best deals of the moment.