16-JAN-2020-To further drive its transformation journey and better address strategic and operational challenges, BIC is bringing new and incremental capabilities to its Executive Committee.
With 30 years of experience in leading international commercial strategies and customer relationships for best‐in‐class consumer goods companies, Chester Twigg has been appointed as Group Commercial Officer. Chester has first‐hand experience working in India, China,Singapore, and the US at companies like Johnson & Johnson and Procter & Gamble.
In addition to Chester Twigg, BIC recently appointed Chief Strategy and Business Development,Sara LaPorta, and Chief Administrative Officer, Charles Morgan, to its Executive Committee.
Responsible for developing Business Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) activity, Sara LaPorta joined BIC in October 2019 with more than 20 years of experience in Strategy, M&A,and Consumer Insights for global companies.
Charles Morgan is responsible for the implementation of BIC's new Shared Services Center and in charge of Group Information Technology. He joined BIC in September 2019 with extensive experience in leading transformation programs for global organizations.
'As we enter a critical phase of our transformation journey, the addition of Chester Twigg, Sara LaPorta, and Charles Morgan to BIC's Executive Committee will help maximize BIC's performance at every level. Their leadership will be instrumental into pivoting from a category‐led series of businesses to a single consumer‐focused global organization,' said Gonzalve Bich, Chief Executive Officer.
In addition to Chester Twigg, Sara LaPorta and Charles Morgan, and reporting to Gonzalve Bich, Chief Executive Officer, BIC's Executive Committee comprises:
- Jim DiPietro, Chief Finance Officer and Senior Executive Vice President, responsible for establishing reliable, transversal processes, and ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting and efficient planning to drive BIC's global financial performance.
- Thomas Brette, Group Insights and Innovation Officer, responsible for reinvigorating innovation processes, collecting data, and generating insights to create new products and services aligned with BIC's brand strategy and sustainable development commitments.
- Peter Dalsberg, Group Supply Chain Officer, in charge of enhancing efficiency throughout manufacturing operations, centralized procurement, and 'end to end' Supply Chain while maintaining product safety, quality, and affordability.
- François Clément‐Grandcourt, Group Lighter General Manager, accountable for growing the Lighter category through its unique manufacturing processes and R&D, maintaining a strong focus on safety and quality.
- Alison James, Chief Human Resources Officer, responsible for building BIC's organizational and people capabilities in support of long‐term strategy and leading the evolution of the BIC culture to drive organizational effectiveness to meet key business objectives.