* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.43 percent to 20,144.04
* Leading the index were Lightspeed POS Inc , up 7.5%, Shopify Inc, up 7.2%, and Trillium Therapeutics Inc, higher by 5.4%.
* Lagging shares were Yamana Gold Inc, down 7.8%, Alamos Gold Inc, down 7.4%, and Seabridge Gold Inc, lower by 7.3%.
* On the TSX 78 issues rose and 148 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 20 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 270.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX's energy group fell 6.28 points, or 4.4%, while the financials sector slipped 2.58 points, or 0.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.51%, or $1.09, to $71.06 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.76%, or $1.31, to $73.08 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.5% for the year.
This summary was machine generated June 17 at 21:03.