Having worked in the British, French and Swiss financial press, Romain is able to report on local and international issues, as comfortable in French as in the language of Shakespeare, Romain Fournier leads the editorial team at Marketscreener. Fine connoisseur of the English-speaking markets, Romain delivers an editorial every day on US and UK markets.
Global markets live: Merck, Volkswagen, Salesforce, Roche, Mondelez...
Every morning, the MarketScreener team compiles and summarizes the most important news related to listed companies around the world.
- Merck 's covid pill receives FDA panel support.
- Volkswagen's CEO, under fire related to strategy, is positive about the company's developments.
- NextEra Energy sells its remaining 50% stake in renewable assets to a Canadian pension fund.
- Volkswagen is in talks for software cooperations with Continental and Robert Bosch.
- Salesforce appoints Bret Taylor as co-CEO with Marc Benioff. The stock falls 6% after the publication of mixed results.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise loses 2% after disappointing quarterly results. Husqvarna raises its sales and profitability targets.
- Roche completed the takeover of its German partner TIB Molbiol, announced last September.
- CVC drops its bid for Intertrust. Clariant raises its EMEA prices by 25-35%.
- Sarah Youngwood will be the new CFO of UBS Group in May 2022.
- Vitrolife completes the purchase of Spanish company Igenomix from EQT.
- Proximus confirms that it has entered into preliminary discussions related to a possible strategic transaction involving its subsidiary TeleSign, possibly via a SPAC.
- Sabrina Soussan leaves Dormakaba after eight months at the helm, for Suez.
- Pfizer, BioNTech - The vaccination campaign against COVID-19 in children aged 5 to 11, with the vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech, will begin in the European Union on December 13, a week ahead of schedule, German Health Minister Jens Spahn said Wednesday.
- Mondelez - Dirk Van de Put, the food company's CEO, told Reuters that the sugar-free version of its Oreo cookies, launched in China last August, had received a "somewhat disappointing" response despite the current trend for so-called "healthy" products.
- Amazon - New York Attorney General Letitia James asked a state judge on Tuesday to appoint an expert to oversee employee safety at an Amazon logistics center in New York, citing an easing by the retailer of measures against COVID-19 that were already deemed "inadequate.
- Alphabet subsidiary Google announced Wednesday that it would ban all political advertising on its platform in the Philippines between Feb. 8 and May 9, 2022, as part of the presidential election to name a successor to Rodrigo Duterte.
- Qualcomm unveiled on Tuesday a new high-end chip called Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 that will equip Android-based smartphones and will, according to the company, display better graphics and take sharper photos than competing chips.
- Nio - The Chinese manufacturer of electric vehicles gained 4% in pre-market trading on the strength of its vehicle deliveries, which rose 105.6% year-on-year in November to 10,878 units.
Key earnings reports: Costco Wholesale, Snowflake, Crowdstrike...
© MarketScreener.com 2021