* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.30 percent to 16,246.72
* Leading the index were Celestica Inc , up 4.0%, Corus Entertainment Inc , up 3.6%, and Teck Resources Ltd , higher by 3.5%.
* Lagging shares were Vermilion Energy Inc , down 5.8%, Endeavour Mining Corp, down 4.6%, and Teranga Gold Corp, lower by 4.1%.
* On the TSX 99 issues rose and 118 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 2 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 206.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Kinross Gold Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 0.95 points, or 1.3%, while the financials sector slipped 0.24 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.02%, or $0.81, to $40.97 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.56%, or $1.08, to $43.3 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.8% for the year.