* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.35 percent to 16,731.49
* Leading the index were Tricon Residential Inc , up 10.1%, Altus Group Ltd (Ontario) , up 9.4%, and Cineplex Inc , higher by 6.5%.
* Lagging shares were Real Matters Inc , down 5.1%, Yamana Gold Inc , down 4.7%, and Centerra Gold Inc , lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 92 issues rose and 127 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 6 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 188.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Air Canada, Manulife Financial Corp and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.05 points, or 0.1%, while the financials sector climbed 1.86 points, or 0.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.85%, or $0.37, to $43.02 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.18%, or $0.54, to $45.1 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 1.9% for the year.