Log in
Log in
Or log in with
GoogleGoogle
Twitter Twitter
Facebook Facebook
Apple Apple     
Sign up
Or log in with
GoogleGoogle
Twitter Twitter
Facebook Facebook
Apple Apple     
  1. Homepage
  2. Equities
  3. Canada
  4. Toronto Stock Exchange
  5. Brookfield Asset Management Inc.
  6. News
  7. Summary
    BAM.A   CA1125851040

BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.

(BAM.A)
  Report
Delayed Toronto Stock Exchange  -  12:05:46 2023-02-03 pm EST
50.67 CAD   -0.30%
08:52aBrookfield Renewable Q4 FFO US$0.35 Per Unit Vs US$0.33 Year Ago; National Bank Notes Modest Miss
MT
07:49aBrookfield Renewable Lifts Distribution After Rise in 4Q Funds From Operations
DJ
07:33aBrookfield Business Partners Reports Q4 Net Income Attributable to Unitholders of US$8 Million
MT
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsRatingsCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisionsFunds 
SummaryMost relevantAll NewsAnalyst Reco.Other languagesPress ReleasesOfficial PublicationsSector newsMarketScreener Strategies

Stonepeak makes first Australian deal with $732 million port purchase

11/20/2022 | 08:40pm EST

SYDNEY, Nov 21 (Reuters) - U.S investment group Stonepeak said on Monday it would make its first Australian purchase by agreeing to buy GeelongPort which sources said was worth A$1.1 billion ($732 million).

Stonepeak will partner with Australian industry superannuation Spirit Super for the deal which is expected to be approved by regulators in the first quarter of 2023.

The statement did not identify a sale price, but the transaction is worth about A$1.1 billion, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

The sources could not be named as the information was not yet made public.

Stonepeak declined to comment on the price of the deal.

Under the terms of the deal, Stonepeak will hold 70% of GeelongPort while Spirit Super, which has A$25 billion worth of funds under management, will hold the remaining 30%.

GeelongPort is the second largest port in Australia's Victoria state and handles almost 12 million tonnes of cargo and more than 600 vessel visits each year, according to the statement.

It manages A$7 billion worth of trade a year, the statement said.

Stonepeak is headquartered in New York and has $51.7 billion in assets under management, according to its website.

GeelongPort is being sold by Brookfield Asset Management and State Super.

It had earlier agreed to sell the port to Spirit Super and Palisade but the deal collapsed in August, after the buyers were not able to receive approval from competition regulators in time to meet the deal's deadline, local media reported at the time. ($1 = 1.5026 Australian dollars) (Reporting by Scott Murdoch in Sydney; Eiting by Lincoln Feast.)


ę Reuters 2022
All news about BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
08:52aBrookfield Renewable Q4 FFO US$0.35 Per Unit Vs US$0.33 Year Ago; National Bank Notes M..
MT
07:49aBrookfield Renewable Lifts Distribution After Rise in 4Q Funds From Operations
DJ
07:33aBrookfield Business Partners Reports Q4 Net Income Attributable to Unitholders of US$8 ..
MT
07:28aBrookfield Renewable Q4 FFO US$0.35 Per Unit Vs US$0.33 Year Ago; Increases Distributio..
MT
07:28aBrookfield Renewable Brief: Reported FFO of US$0.35 per Unit ..
MT
07:21aBrookfield Renewable Brief: 5.5% Distribution Increase
MT
07:21aBrookfield Business Partners L.P. Brief: Net income..
MT
06:00aApple & Alphabet sales and profits decline, MarketS..
MS
01/30Brookfield Asset Management in Talks to Take Over Deutsche Bank's PE Secondaries Busine..
MT
01/30Spin-Off: Brookfield Corporation - Brookfield Asset Management
MS
More news
Analyst Recommendations on BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
More recommendations
Financials (USD)
Sales 2022 93 566 M - -
Net income 2022 - - -
Net Debt 2022 - - -
P/E ratio 2022 17,6x
Yield 2022 1,50%
Capitalization 60 090 M 59 776 M -
Capi. / Sales 2022 0,64x
Capi. / Sales 2023 0,65x
Nbr of Employees 180 000
Free-Float 76,1%
Chart BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
Duration : Period :
Brookfield Asset Management Inc. Technical Analysis Chart | MarketScreener
Full-screen chart
Technical analysis trends BROOKFIELD ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBullishBearishBearish
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus OUTPERFORM
Number of Analysts 11
Last Close Price 38,18 $
Average target price 44,42 $
Spread / Average Target 16,4%
EPS Revisions
Managers and Directors
James Bruce Flatt Chief Executive Officer & Director
Nicholas Goodman President & Chief Financial Officer
Frank J. McKenna Chairman
Dominic Dodds Managing Director-Technology
Lori A. Pearson Chief Operating Officer & Senior Managing Partner
Sector and Competitors