March 10 (Reuters) - Sri Lankan shares ended lower on
Wednesday, driven by a slide in financial services and consumer
* The CSE All Share Index ended 1.15% lower at
* Trading volume plunged to 31.4 million from 143.9 million
in the previous session.
* Home appliances seller Singer (Sri Lanka) Plc
and Ceylinco Insurance Plc were the biggest drags on
* Foreign investors were net buyers, purchasing shares worth
34.5 million Sri Lankan rupees ($176,020), according to exchange
* Equity market turnover was 655.8 million rupees, exchange
* The Sri Lankan rupee was quoted at 196.00 against
the dollar as of 1235 GMT, according to Refinitiv data.
* For a report on global markets, click
* For a report on major currencies, click
($1 = 196.0000 Sri Lankan rupees)
(Reporting by Sachin Ravikumar in Bengaluru; Editing by Devika