All-Star Chefs Team Up with Sams Club® to Transform Everyday Meals into Simply Delicious Restaurant-Quality Cuisine
BENTONVILLE, ARK., August 26, 2011 Sams Club®eight all-star executive chefs from across the U.S. have partnered to provide restaurant-quality, simply delicious mealtime solutions. Busy families and all on-the-go Americans will appreciate easy, creative chef-inspired solutions for breakfast, lunch snack and dinner at home as new recipes are unveiled every month from August through January, fashioned by the Sams Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade partnership.
Starting in mid-August, visit SamsClub.com/Mealsthe Sams Club Facebook Page to indulge in creative mealtime solutions from a member of the Sams Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade. Gain access to recipes ingredient shopping tips to add flavorful flare to weekday meals. The Chef Brigade will also provide simple tricks-of-the trade and cooking techniques to easily enhance the home cooking experience.
The star-studded roster of the Sams Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade, who will showcase a variety of cuisines and cooking specialties, includes:
- Molly Hawks(Sacramento, CA) As Executive Chef of Hawks, Molly Hawks is known for whipping up clean, classic American fare with a focus on fresh, local ingredients.
- Todd Clore (Las Vegas, NV) Famous for his brunch and lauded for his seafood, executive chef Todd Clore excites the palates of diners at Todds Unique Dining.
- Dale Levitski (Chicago, IL) Executive Chef Dale Levitski brings his Top Chef All Star skills and flavor-infused family favorites to the kitchen of his restaurant, Sprout.
- Jan Kelly (Milwaukee, WI) Known for integrating fresh seasonal ingredients into her contemporary American cuisine, Executive Chef Jan Kelly inspires diners daily at her restaurant, Meritage.
- Casey Thompson (Dallas, TX)TV star and Brownstone Executive Chef Casey Thompson incorporates fresh foods and simple twists to create flavorful dishes.
Sams Club fans in these markets and others can meet their local Chef Brigade member and learn to transform everyday ingredients into simply delicious, restaurant quality meals during in-club demonstrations (Schedule TBD. Check SamsClub.com/Meals for a full schedule in September.)
It can be challenging to invent new weekday dishes or to spice up your usual meals, especially when so many Americans are always on the run, says Shawn Baldwin, Senior Vice President of Fresh & Freezer/Cooler at Sams Club. Our members busy parents and restaurant chefs alike depend on Sams Club for easy to find, quality food options and ingredients that simplify mealtime planning and solutions. Partnering with a brigade of top-notch chefs to unveil simply delicious recipes, Sams Club can inspire creative cooking and make eating in as exciting as dining out.
Families seeking simply delicious recipes with everyday ingredients can visit SamsClub.com/Meals for seasonal easy-to-make meal ideas, paired with a printer-ready shopping list. To manage leftovers and large quantity items, the Sams Club series of 7 Ways recipes gives at-home chefs seven different uses for a core food item to suit every day of the week.
Right now on SamsClub.com/Meals, get a peek at these food finds:
- Summer Shrimp Cobb Salad packed with cool, crisp taste and backed by Sams Club 200% freshness guarantee on all of its seafood
- Cherry Yum Yum dessert celebrating cherry season and ready in less than 30 minutes
- Summer Saucy Ribs featuring premium quality pork ribs with KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce
- All-American French Toast breakfast with Egg Beaters and turkey bacon
- Cool Treats ranging from pudding packs and Go-Gurts to fresh melon and granola bars perfect for fueling the kids this summer and for road trip snacks during vacation season
Check the Sams Club Facebook page for ongoing announcements about the Simply Delicious Chef Brigade program, including full chef bios, recipes, in-club demos, videos and other featured chef content.
About Sams Club
Sams Club, a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT), is the nations eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club offering superior products and services to more than 47 million members in clubs across the U.S., as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico. Members save an average of 30 percent over traditional retailers.SamsClub.com, and look for Sams Club on Twitter.